Saturday, September 29, 2012

Naturally RADIANT: Get a TV White Smile Using Oil Pulling?

Beyond the Green Screen                                                  Want whiter teeth?.....Try Oil Pulling!




I'm assuming you might have a blank look on your face, wondering what is oil pulling!
Well, I was looking for a way to cure my allergies and stumbled upon a way to do that-- plus, whiten my teeth, improve my oral health and detox toxins from my body-all in one! It's an ayurvedic therapy called oil pulling.

How to Do It:

Take a tablespoon of cold-pressed oil and swish it around. Do it when you first wake up on an empty stomach. Do not gargle or swallow the oil, but pull it through your teeth. It's just that simple....I thought it sounded crazy until I tried it.

What to Use:

Sunflower and sesame oils are popular but I like to use coconut oil from Trader Joe's...because it's cheap- just 6 bucks- organic, and the taste doesnt bother me as much as others.



How Long Do You Pull:

The goal is to do it for 15-20 minutes. I know that's kind of a long time, but to help pass the time, I swish when I am in the shower or cleaning up in the morning. You can work up to it.

There will be a lot of toxins from your body in the oil after swishing. Be sure to spit it out in the toilet when you are done and brush your teeth and tongue right after.


Research it Yourself:

Here are a few link to articles, so can do your own research. Let me know if you try it!

http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/article%20oil%20pulling.htm

http://www.oilpulling.com/


Happy pulling!


Xoxo,
Britt


1 comment:

  1. I'll be trying this neat tip out as soon as possible. Sounds like it may work.

    ReplyDelete